Saturday 2 November 2013

November Commitment Decision

So, I've decided to go ahead with the Vendetta as my hobby commitment for this month. It's a much bigger task than a squad of dudes but it's (roughly) 50% done already so it should be achievable.

Next step: Err... paint things.
The crew aren't glued so they'll be pulled and painted separately, along with the door gunners.
Painting giant vehicles is hard... at least there's a nice interesting (and easy) base to paint.
I'll also be progressing work on my weathering experiments, seen in their 'pre' state below:

Extra armor and random bits - that's what building tanks is all about!
While I work on these, I'm going to get the flight stand and the crew of the Vendetta done (in that order). The weapons are already finished painting and are magnetized, though I won't be painting any of the other weapon options right now. At some point I'll devote a months commitment to magnetizing and painting all of the extra weapon options that I want for all three of my flyers...

At the very least I plan to have the Vendetta painted, with decals and a coat of matte varnish applied by the end of the month - any weathering will possibly have to wait until I've gained a bit of confidence on the various techniques (I don't want to ruin such a large model...).

No comments:

Post a Comment