Thursday 28 November 2013

November Commitment "Complete"

Okay, that's a lie - it's not 100% finished... but it's damn close!

I was more or less finished but then decided to go all-out on the decals and use the Forge World 'wings'. This has turned out to be a pretty lengthy, painstaking process and, because I'm away now until December 1st, I will technically fail this months commitment...

However, I think it's looking pretty damn good so far and with all the time I've been spending playing XCOM this month... it is not a bad achievement.

PEWPEWPEWZOOOOOOOOOM
Remaining to-do items are:

  1. Apply wing decals to left side.
  2. Smooth out some dodgy decal work and seal them all with varnish.
  3. Finishing touches on the various lenses.
  4. Glue the crew in (plots and door gunners were painted separately).
  5. Add some scorching around the weapon barrels and exhausts.
  6. Matte varnish the whole thing.

Probably a couple of evenings work in there plus some daylight for the spray varnishing!

For December, since unfortunately there will be no 'Nidsmas, I'm going to be a bit non-committal. What I end up spending time on will totally depend on what I pick up over the holidays. I was thinking that I would get some of the new Tyranids and commit to painting them up but alas... that will have to be a side-project for the new year.

Most likely I will start working through my various 'minor' character models over the course of December. If I can get a HQ choice or two done, I will be only one troops choice away from a fully painted legal army.

No comments:

Post a Comment