Saturday 7 December 2013

December/January Commitments

We're already a week into December so I think it's about time I made some hobby choices...

I'm still working on the Vendetta this weekend but hopefully it will be totally finished very soon - in any case, I consider it complete from a hobby progress perspective.

For December (and January if the IC Podcast Hobby Progress Challenge doesn't kick in before then), I'll be working on various secondary 'characters'. This motley crew are introduced below:


  • Inquisitor
I picked this Inquisitor model up years ago on a trip to Germany, well before there even were allies rules... Now, with the new Inquisition mini-Codex, I'm finally going to get her painted up! I'm due a very large number of female troopers from a certain kickstarter at some point in the future, so she'll fit right in! I don't have the Codex yet but as soon as it's available in a hard-copy I'll grab it (or I'll get the digital version if that doesn't happen/takes too long).
Now... where are my Servo-Skulls...
  • Primaris Psyker
This handsome (and totally loyal and not at all Xenos...) fellow is going to be my Psyker. Those of you with long memories will recognize the miniature. I promise that I'm not secretly planning to use him in the inevitable Genestealer Cult army list when it's finally released... I swear I don't also have a Tyranid army with dozens of Genestealers...
The mandatory force weapon is... uhhh... concealed...
  • Krieg Commissar
Commissar Krieg, as I like to call him, is likely to remain the only one that I own unless I happen upon a Gaunt mini somewhere. I don't like the normal GW commissar models much - if I wanted more for my army I would probably go with either other DKoK models or something third party. I've put the very first base coat layers on but not made a real start on anything. He will be an experiment in painting black - I usually only paint very, very, very dark grey...
Apparently he'll be shooting cowards with his sword.
  • Priest / Officer
This awesome limited edition mini comes from the Forge World open day. Since I don't play WFB I thought I would re-purpose him with some simple conversion work to fit into a more grim-dark setting. With the basic laspistol/ccw loadout I'll be able to field him as either a naked officer or a Ministorum Priest, depending on what is needed. The model is ridiculously detailed so it should be fun to paint anyway.
Can I have some shoes?
  • Krieg Officer
The other FW open day miniature, the quartermaster, will serve as yet another naked officer. I thought about making him a commissar but really, I would never use him and I wanted a unique model (with bargain basement wargear!) to lead my army. My 'other' army commander has a terrible combination of plasma pistol and powerfist, so he is both very expensive and will surely die lots... hence this chap is likely to be my go-to commander. He is after all only there to issue orders and provide moral support to his squad of plasma gunners.
Don't worry sir, a plasma pistol would only have made you die faster.


I will also be undertaking a sizable Christmas project for which I will be enlisting my girlfriend to assist. This is going to be the focus of my hobby efforts during the actual Christmas holidays. It's also actually the continuation of last years Christmas project which, true to form, I never completed...

Last year, as an awesome present, I received the large limited-run Wall of Martyrs box. I managed to get it all assembled (including some modifications...) and primed but painting didn't proceed beyond a few test pieces. Now, with the release of Stronghold Assault, it's the perfect time to get the set painted up and available for use with my army! I'll post later in the month with a before shot to show the changes that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment