Thursday 27 February 2014

February HPC Commitment Finished

February has gone well for hobby progress! Apart from the various distractions that took up some time earlier in the month, I've completed my Hobby Progress Challenge commitment and a little extra to boot!

2nd squad, 7th platoon, B company, 82nd Arcadian regiment.



Inquisitor Hera of the Ordo Xenos, ready to put insidious alien filth to the sword!
So, this is my Voss-manufactured Arcadian-pattern Leman Russ Battle Tank. Notable features include extra (ablative ceramite tile) armour designed to protect against heat-based melta and fusion weapons, external stowage racks and rust-proofed tread plating on the upper track-guards - all of which are extremely common among Arcadian operated vehicles. This particular vehicle, 'Five' is commanded by Lieutenant Caruchinko the 5th in the company and has been outfitted with an additional servo-skull operated auspex unit above the main gun, courtesy of a friendly tech-priest. 

I'll have a full ten-strong armoured company as part of the army. Each vehicle will have two number-markings on it: the vehicle number within the company (tank 5 in this case) and the overall regiment number (randomly, 362). It also says which platoon they're assigned to support, in this case 7th platoon.

Vehicle two of the second squadron in my armoured company...
I wanted to make use of the various decals that I had so I also listed the forge world that the tank was manufactured on and the name of the current commander. I imagine that the crew would almost have a kind of ritual to go with changing that name. Maybe the names of former commanders are on the inside somewhere, imperial machinery can be pretty old after all.

...which makes it tank number five.
I can totally paint nine more of these, right?...

No comments:

Post a Comment