Sunday 2 February 2014

Feb Commitment & Progress Update

For Feb I decided to work on the following:


It's a squad of standard infantry and my Inquisitor - I thought painting a character model would be good for a couple of reasons... mostly just for a change of scene but also because it will give me a painted HQ choice - I'm trying to move swiftly towards a fully painted legal army.

Made quite a lot of progress on her so far - she may actually be deemed complete for the moment as I'm not really sure what to do with her next and I want to get back to the infantry squad now.


I have several projects active at the moment so I'm currently trying to get each of them to a point where I can set them aside and just focus on my monthly HPC commitments. Any spare time will then be spent on whatever other units are in my Overlords Escalation League army list. If I can get the second infantry squad done over the next week or so, I'll start on the Demolisher (I have 8 tanks and none of them are painted so that would be nice to finish) and put the platoon command in as my March HPC commitment, probably alongside another small unit.

Currently the Escalation list is (with items in green fully painted and yellow in progress):

Primary Detachment - Imperial Guard

HQ:
- Primaris Psyker @ 70 pts

Troops:
- Veteran Squad @ 205 pts (Plasma gun x3; Plasma Pistol)
Chimera (Heavy Bolter; Turret Autocannon; Pintle Heavy Stubber)

- Infantry Platoon @ 187 pts
Platoon Command Squad (Sniper Rifle x3; Boltgun)
Infantry Squad (Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher)
Infantry Squad (Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher)

Heavy Support:
- Leman Russ Demolisher @175 pts (Heavy Bolter; Pintle Heavy Stubber)

Fortifications:
- Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defence Emplacement @ 40pts (Improved Arc of Fire; Stalwart Defence)

Inquisitorial Detachment:

HQ:
- Ordo Xenos Inquisitor @ 73 pts (Power Armour; Psyker; Plasma Pistol; Warlord)

Total: 750pts
I'm thinking of adding a bunch more troops when we jump to 1000 points and another tank plus extra fortifications (network) for 1250. After that I don't have a plan but I think a flyer or some solid AA will be needed! Of course... by then the new IG Codex will be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment